Have a Specific Issue Not Covered in this Guide?
Click on the Support Icon in the lower right hand corner. Please provide as much information as you can about the problem or question you have and one of our Customer Advocates will respond to your request.
Blackout 4.5 Release Overview
Blackout 4.5 includes the following product improvements and bug fixes.
Character Scoped Rules
Image and Excel projects now include a character-scope option when creating rules. There are no additional setup or system requirements for integrating this feature into new or existing projects. To take advantage of the new functionality, navigate to a new or existing rule group and select the 'Character' option for Markup Scope!
View Original Text Modal Updates
The view original text modal has been increased in size. Scrolling through view original text has been improved, making it easier to view the large volume of cell content.
We have upgraded our OCR engine to the latest fully supported version 5.2.
- Updated object manager queries made by Blackout to be more performant on workspaces with an extremely large number of documents.
- Introduces multi-threading for spreadsheet revert to provide increased throughput when reverting projects.
- Introduces performance and stability improvements for substantial image documents (over 25,000 pages).
- Introduces performance optimizations for doc-to-doc views when using Blackout.
- Resolves issue where documents with multiple redacted files for the same markup set would not display in the document viewer.
- Externally redacted spreadsheet documents display the current document state, providing the same experience as externally redacted PDFs.
- Propagated markups will no longer populate the 'Blackout - Has Manual Native Markups' field as they now have the appropriate origin of 'Propagated.'
- Fixes issue where pivot tables would not maintain their styling when being flattened using the "Unhide Excel Content" mass action or upon the first redaction being placed.