The Blackout Markup Review Pane
What to know
- After an Excel has been marked up with Blackout, it will tag the Blackout document yes/no field, Blackout - Has Native Markups.
- Documents can also be identified with the other Blackout fields and by a specific markup set. This is covered in further detail under the Searching section.
- Creating a Relativity saved search using the field will result in a list of Excel documents that have markups.
- The Blackout Markup Review Pane will show all markups on the document, including those created by Blackout or placed manually.
- Markups shown within the Markup Review will only be those applicable to the selected markup set.
What to know with failed markups
- The document cannot be modified further when a failed markup occurs. Failed markups must be resolved or deleted to continue QC or applying new markups to a document. A warning message will appear if trying to apply new markups when in a failed state.
- Markups cannot be approved or rejected if the document is in a failed state.
- Failed markups will display in the QC pane with a warning icon.
- Administrators will be alerted when a markup fails.
- Refer to the Manual Excel troubleshooting page for additional information regarding troubleshooting manual Excel errors.
How to do it
- After creating the saved search or accessing the projects saved search from the "project complete" view, reviewing documents can be performed using a built-in Markup Review Pane located at the bottom left of the viewer.
- From bottom left of the viewer, click the Blackout Markup Review button.
- After opening the Blackout Markup Review Pane, ensure the native markup set that needs review has been selected.
- Click the icon and choose 'Markup Review'.
The Markup Review section will now be opened allowing for quality control of the document.
Blackout Markup Review Pane descriptions
|Approved||The approved column exists in three states. Not selected, approved, or rejected |
|Sheet||Indicates the sheet name where a markup is located.|
|Type||Indicates the type of markup where a markup that was placed.|
|Cell Location||Indicates the location that the markup exists, including cell, comment, header & footer, chart, or object markups.|
|Original Text||Clicking this link will display the information that exists under the markups.|
|Matched Text||Indicates the text that was matched causing the markup to be placed.|
|Rule||If a regular expression rule was used to place this markup, the name of that rule is displayed here.|
The columns within the Markup Review section of the Blackout Markup Review Pane can be filtered allowing for more advanced quality control capabilities. Filtering could be especially useful if, for example, there was a need to accept/reject all of a specific markup type or accept/reject all matches on specific matched text.
The columns below can be filtered:
- Sheet index
- Cell location
- Markup Type
- Matched Text
Additionally, sorting on the sheet, type, matched text and rule columns is also possible.
What to know
- Each page within the card can hold up to 50 records at a time
- When using the 'accept all' and 'reject all' buttons only the filtered entries will be affected
- The 'Sheet' column can only be filtered using the sheet index at this time
- The 'Type' column can only be filtered by the options in the dropdown (you cannot filter on highlight color for example)
- The Blackout Markup Review Pane remembers the state the user was on and will automatically display if the user had the card open and on the quality control panel.
What else to consider
- Approval is optional. Markups do not require approval to produce or export the marked-up native. The approval process exists to provide a richer experience for review teams should they want to take advantage of it, but is not required to complete the review.
- Blackout also includes another document field, Blackout - Has Unresolved Markups, which will select all documents where there is a markup that has not been marked as either approved or rejected.