Occasionally other projects may be using Blackout resources resulting in your new project sitting in the queued state. To understand what other work is taking place, Blackout provides a tool to check on what other Blackout projects are running across the instance. Doing so is simple but requires Relativity Administrator permissions. If you do not have access to Relativity Admin tabs, please refer this article to someone on your team to help out.
To review instance projects, follow these steps.
- From the admin level of Relativity, navigate to the Blackout | Blackout Project Status tab
- All active and completed projects will be displayed and sorted by date in descending order with running projects at the top.
There are other things you can do such as filter the projects by name, workspace, status, started time, and completed time. You can also click into specific workspaces to alter the projects themselves.
Blackout Queue Priority
Blackout projects are ordered first come first serve based on when the Run button is clicked. Hitting stop on a Blackout project will pause the project until it is restarted. Using this pause feature will then move the next queued project to the top of the list. Once a project is restarted, it will be moved to the end of the priority queue.
High Priority Queue
Admins may adjust which project is a higher priority by clicking the Change Queue button in the Project Status tab. This will allow a smaller project to take precedent over larger projects so they may finish sooner.
What To Know
- Only projects that are already running can change queues
- Projects moved to the priority queue will process in front of projects in the default queue
- If multiple projects are moved to the priority queue they will process in order of their start time
- After removing a project from the priority queue the next project in the priority queue will begin processing immediately
How To Do It
- Click the checkbox next to a currently running project
- Click on the Change Queue button at the bottom of the Project List
- In the new window you may choose to move a project to the High Priority Queue so it will be prioritized above other Blackout projects.
Note: You may also deprioritize a project that has been given high priority as well using these steps.