Reporting can be used to export custom reports based on any field on the document object and combine that with a wide range of Blackout specific data. There are two types of customizable reports that allow for exporting a complete set of information for each redaction or condense this down to the document level.
The markup report
What to know
- The markup report will generate a report of all of the selected fields for each markup placed on the documents in the saved search.
- Information that this report can provide includes:
- Relativity Manual Markups
- Relativity Viewer Manual Excel Markups
- Blackout Automated Markups
- Blackout Automated Native Excel Markups
The document report
What to know
- The document report will generate a report of all the selected fields for each document in the saved search.
- If a document field has multiple tags selected for it, it will be aggregated and displayed with semicolon separators.
- For example, if there are both automated and manual markups on the document, the markup automated column will display both true and false. If a multiple-choice document field is selected, the values will be displayed comma-separated.
Available report fields
What to know
- Blackout provides the ability to report on any field that is currently associated with the document object, Blackout specific fields, and fields from the Relativity redaction table.
- This flexibility allows the creation of many different types of reports.
Note: Avoid long text
- Attempting to include long text such as extracted text will pull all of the extracted text of the document into a single cell. This may result in a broken CSV.
- After choosing the fields for the report, they can re-ordered. The first field selected will be the leftmost column in the report, while the bottom will be the rightmost column.
Blackout specific fields
What to know
- The following fields are populated by Blackout or the Relativity Redaction table.
- In some cases, the data may be collected from both systems simultaneously such as markup scope which can be provided by Blackout for excel redactions, but the Relativity redaction table for image redactions.
- It is important to note that this report is not restricted to just getting redaction information from Blackout created redactions.
- It is possible to also pull data from redactions created entirely through Relativity!
|The type of redaction placed
|Redaction or Highlight
|The markup scope selected when placing the markup. This value is provided for both Blackout created and Relativity created markups.
|Images: Word / Line / Paragraph / Page
Native Excel: Character / Cell / Sheet / Row / Column
|The markup subtype selected when placing the markup. This value is provided for both Blackout created and Relativity created markups.
|Redaction: Black / Text / White / Cross / Inverse
Highlights: Yellow / Green / Blue / Orange / Pink / Purple
|The text entered when placing a redaction. This value is provided for both Blackout created and Relativity created text redactions.
|The markup set a redaction is associated with. This value is provided for both Blackout created and Relativity created redactions.
|The reason that was specified when creating the Blackout rule groups. This field is exclusive to Blackout.
|Markup Page Number
|The page number where the markup is placed.
|The cell location where a native excel markup is placed.
|The Excel sheet that was redacted during a native excel automated job.
|Displays if the markup was created by a Blackout automated job or not. This field can display both True and False when generating the privilege log report type.
|True - Yes
False - No
|Markup Created By
|Displays the user who created the markup. If the markup was the result of a Blackout job, it will display the user's name who executed the job.
Downloading the reports
- When all of the fields required for the report have been selected, click the Generate & Download Report button.
- A CSV containing the desired information will be generated and downloaded.