Blackout 3.1 Update Preface
Blackout 3.1 contains a significant migration for markup sets. Please read the full notes before upgrading.
The Blackout 3.1 update changes the way that native markup sets are managed by utilizing the Relativity markup set instead of the proprietary “Native Markup Set” field that was added to the document object upon Blackout install. This change gives considerable leverage back to the case manager for maintaining consistency between image and native markups as well as being able to define and enforce permissions on markup sets for natives.
To coincide with these changes we’ve modified the way that searching is performed. Several new document fields have been added that enable searches based on specific markup sets and markup types to be created. This release will provide additional agency in building searches and new ways of organizing redacted natives.
- The HasNativeRedactions document field has been removed
- The Native Markup Set document field has been removed
- Introduced several new multi-object document fields that dynamically contain objects for each markup set in the case
- Added Blackout Active Markup Set to keep track of which markup set is the current active markup set
- Added Blackout - Has Native Redactions to keep track of which documents have redactions on a given markup set
- Added Blackout - Has Native Highlights to keep track of which documents have highlights on a given markup set
- Added Blackout - Has External Markups to keep track of which documents have been externally redacted using the Blackout external redactions tab on a given markup set
- Added Blackout - Has Manual Native Markups to keep track of which documents have manual markups on a given markup set
- Blackout will now use existing Relativity markup sets for native document markups
- As a part of the update, existing native markup sets will be mapped to the Relativity markup sets by name
- New Relativity markup sets will be created if one with the same name doesn’t already exist
- The Relativity file table will be updated for the Blackout native entries to correspond to the Relativity markup sets
- Blackout will now respect the Relativity markup set permissions
- If a user does not have permissions to a Relativity markup set, the option to switch to that markup set will not be available
- If a user navigates to a document that has an active markup set that they do not have permission to, the document will load the marked-up version for that markup set but they will not be able to modify the document. However, they may switch to another markup set that they do have permission to.
- The new Blackout multi-object document fields can be used to search for documents with markups based on markup set while also allowing for more refined searches to be crafted that return only documents that have manual or external markups.
- Fixed an issue that prevented charts containing grouped shapes to be redacted
- Fixed an issue that prevented the read-only Excel comment property from being cleared when comments were redacted
- Significantly reduced the SQL read and write polling interval when not running Blackout projects
- Added the Blackout version number to the admin configuration tab
- Added additional client-side validation to prevent exceptions from bubbling to the UI
- Limit worker count maximums on fresh installs to 6 high resource workers and 8 default workers
- Reduced the number of messages sent by Blackout projects to the agent server event viewer