Blackout provides two methods for placing text redactions: replacing the entire cell content with different text, or, replacing only specific words inside of a selected cell. Depending on how the workspace has been configured, several options may be available. The following items may differ:
- The default text is set by the administrator and may not be redacted.
- Additional options may be available in a dropdown defined by the case administrator.
- If a user does not have the option to input custom text, only the default text and dropdown will be available.
After placing a redaction, a placeholder will be displayed to ensure that the page doesn’t constantly refresh. When the viewer is refreshed, the redaction will be placed within a cell. If custom text is used, it will be saved for each user individually so that it can be used again.
If redacting cells this way, the off-white highlight will be displayed in the corners of the selected area.
In addition to placing text redactions over a whole cell, specific cell content can also be redacted.
- Select the cell which has the content that will be redacted.
- Select the cell option in the markup right-click menu.
- A text editor will be displayed for editing the content - add the language required for redaction.
- Click Save.
- The page will refresh, similar to when the first markup was placed on the document, and the updated content will be displayed in the cell.