Blackout enables users to perform live markups within the Relativity Document Viewer without taking the document out of Relativity. This allows for quick markup and review of documents while maintaining audits of all the actions that have been taken.
To get started redacting cells in the document viewer, navigate to an Excel document that has been loaded into Relativity.
- Navigate to the Excel document in the Relativity viewer
- Switch the Native Markup Set to Primary or one that was created earlier
- Select the cells, column, or row that will be marked up
- Right-click to bring up the options menu
- Hover over the Blackout menu
- Hover over the Redact menu.
- Choose to place a Black, White, or Text redaction.
If this is the first markup being placed on a document and the Unhide Excel Content operation of button has not been clicked, Blackout will automatically prepare the document. This can take a few seconds so a message will be displayed while the view loads.
Once the viewer reloads, you will see your markup has been placed. You can continue to place markups as needed.