Blackout provides tooling for taking the markup made on spreadsheets with Blackout and propagating them to duplicate documents across the workspace. This is accomplished by defining a saved search source set with markups and a destination set of documents that share a duplicate identifier, which, by default, is set to the MD5 Hash document field.
Defining Source Documents Saved Search
The source documents saved search defines the marked up documents that Blackout will use to propagate. There are a few requirements when defining the source documents.
- Limit the source documents saved search to only Excels with Blackout markups.
- All source documents must have an entry for the duplicate identifier field.
- The source document saved search cannot contain duplicate documents.
Defining Destination Documents Saved Search
The destination documents saved search defines the unmarked-up documents where Blackout will apply markups from their duplicate counterparts in the source documents saved search. There are a few requirements when defining the destination documents.
- Do not include any documents from the source document saved search in the destination documents saved search.
- Any document in the destination saved search that already has markups will be skipped.
- Duplicates are identified solely by the selected duplicate identifier field.
Creating and Running a Spreadsheet Propagation Project
- Log in to the environment as a system administrator or an account that has access to the Blackout tab.
- Navigate to Blackout > Spreadsheet Propagation.
- Click New Excel Propagation Job.
- Input the Job Name.
- Select the Duplicate Identifier document field.
- By default, the MD5 Hash field will be selected if it exists.
- Select the source documents Saved Search.
- Select the source documents Markup Set.
- Select the destination documents Saved Search.
- Select the destination documents Markup Set.
- Click Create.
The same but different.
Both the source saved search and destination saved search can be the same as long as a different markup is selected for the destination. This is a great way to propagate starting markups to a different markup set for another group to review or to prep a production for a different party.
- Click Run.
- The job will begin processing documents.
- While it is running a progress bar will be displayed.
- After propagation completes, a results page will be displayed.
- Clicking on the propagation results link will present a table of the results.