Release date: May 14, 2018
External Redaction Workflow
A new workflow has been added to Blackout that lets reviewers, case admins, or system admins flag documents as unredactable by Blackout. These documents can then be downloaded, manually redacted, and uploaded back to Relativity using a new user interface. This enables review teams to deal with trouble documents outside of the normal workflow. A common use case for this is documents that are too big to display in the Relativity viewer.
- A new choice, Cannot be Redacted in Native Viewer, has been added to the Blackout Document Warnings custom field
- This option can be set with an edit mass action or by including the multi choice field on a review layout
- Documents that have this warning added to them will appear on a new External Redaction custom page under the Blackout tab
- The External Redaction page will allow a user to download the file, make redactions, and upload the file back to Relativity
- The upload action will associate the redacted copy with the indicated markup set and allow that document to have its text processed or easily included in a native production
- The download and upload actions are included in the manual native excel audits
- A QC entry is to the native QC viewer indicating that the document has been externally redacted
- Redactions that are placed on the document prior to download and upload will be retained
- Documents that are attempted to be uploaded will be validated for file type
- A new viewer panel has been added to view the content of charts in the excel
- The new viewer panel also allows reviewers to manually redact content on charts
- When placing the first redaction on an excel or when unhiding excel content, Blackout will attempt to flatten all of the labels on the chart so that they will not be changed if their referenced source is redacted (Please note: that this does not include the raw numerical data that is displayed on the chart. Redacting this data will still be reflected in the chart)
- Charts will now be scanned for redactions during automated native excel jobs
- Chart redactions will now appear on the native QC panel
- The revert document button has been changed to only affect the current markup set
- The buttons text has been modified to reflect this
- All Blackout dialog boxes have had their confirm and cancel text homogenized to "Save" and "Cancel"
- Comments will now successfully be included in the redacted extracted text when running Process Excel Text
- Process excel text has been made significantly more resilient. Any errors that are encountered when running process excel text will no longer result in the mass action failing. At the end of the job the mass action will indicate the number of documents that were unable to be processed. Creating a saved search using the target long text field with the condition of not set will allow quick access to the documents that could not be processed.
- Exception messages have been improved across the board for Blackout actions that result in document errors. Currently these are not displayed in the pop up image but are available in the HTTP Response and the Blackout log.
- Fixed an error that resulted in the Blackout Markup List failing to load when navigating to an Excel 95 document. Excel 95 is still not supported, however, viewing them in the viewer will no longer break the coding pane.