What’s new in Delegate 2.0
Note: This release is supported on Relativity instances 9.4+.
Delegate 2.0 reimagines the way your organization can allow subgroups of your business to manage one or many clients with Delegate. In addition to clients retaining the ability to manage themselves, groups such as project managers can be granted the ability to manage several clients. This new way of assigning Delegate access is accompanied by stronger permission configuration, quick user creation through user templating, and a revamped audit system. Continue reading to learn more about what’s in this release.
Multi-Client Management: Delegate Profiles
Delegate 2.0 introduces Delegate profiles - a new concept for configuring access to the system and managing multiple clients. System admins can use Delegate profiles as a tool for enabling Relativity groups to manage one or many clients,including the ability to quickly switch between active clients.
- System admins can now create Delegate profiles and configure which clients that profile can administer
- System admins can now restrict which Delegate tabs the profile has access to
- System admins can now restrict the ability to enable or disable accounts
- System admins can now restrict the ability to set and configure auth providers
- System admins can now set whether users should be enabled by default upon creation
- Delegate admins can quickly swap between all of the clients that they manage
- Delegate admins can quickly see if a profile has access to the client administrator Delegate tab
- For customers upgrading to 2.0, your existing client admin group will automatically be converted to a profile which will function exactly as it does today--your users won’t even notice the difference!
Rapid User Creation
User creation can be painful for your client admins, especially if they are not used to adding and configuring the password auth provider. Delegate 2.0 introduces the ability for system admins to set a template user to use with each client. After configuring a template user, users created for that client will automatically use the information from the template user to allow for rapid creation of users.
- System admins can now configure each client configuration with a template user
- All template user fields except for first name, last name, and email will be used from the template user to create the new user
- Client admins can override any of the template fields when creating new users
- If the template user is configured with the default password auth provider, the provider will automatically be used for the new user and the invitation workflow will be kicked off automatically, giving your users the ability to quickly “create and new” when creating users
Revamped Audit Records
Delegate 2.0 introduces a completely overhauled and revamped audit system focused on getting your system admins and users the information they need to better analyse changes made by client admins and system admins in the system. In addition to having a more comprehensive set of audit records, the information that is provided has been expanded, as well.
- See full details about objects that have been created and who they were created by
- See full details about the changes that have been made to objects in the system including before and after values
- See full change logs for all actions taken in the system by system admins and client admins including details about changes to Delegate profiles