What’s new in Delegate 1.2
Note: This release is supported on Relativity instances 9.4+.
Delegate 1.2 introduces several new features, bug fixes, and additional support for recent Relativity 9.5 releases. In addition to these changes, Delegate 1.2 will make major changes to the underlying infrastructure of the application in preparation for the Delegate 2.0 release. It is very important to read ahead and understand these changes before updating.
Deprecating the Delegate Database
The Delegate 1.2 update will deprecate the Delegate database which was originally installed on your primary SQL server with the Delegate installation. All tables and data will be moved to the EDDS database. The application will continue to function as normal.
The Delegate database will be removed as a part of the update after all data has been successfully migrated. The update will complete successfully even If the eddsdbo account is unable to remove the Delegate database after data migration. In this scenario it is recommended to have a SQL admin access to the server and remove the database.
Additional Authentication Providers
Support has been added for OpenID Connect and SAML authentication providers. Individual providers can be associated with each client from the Delegate client tab.
There is no restriction to how many of each provider can be configured for each client and how many can be configured for each user of those clients. Setup for users from the client administration tab is identical to performing this action as a system administrator.
Workspace Admin Groups
Delegate 1.2 will make an important change to how workspace admin groups or utilized through Delegate. These key points should be taken into consideration with this update:
- The workspace admin group setting on the workspace tab will now use the workspace API to set the group
- The configured workspace admin group will now show on the workspace details and edit screen within Relativity
- The workspace admin group is no longer required when editing
- The workspace admin group may now be set when creating a workspace from the workspace tab
- The workspace admin group may be changed back to “None”
- When changing the workspace admin group the old group will no longer retain the permissions granted from being a workspace admin group
- When changing the workspace admin group the old group will retain any specific, non workspace admin group permissions, that have been granted to that group within Relativity
Several bug fixes have been made including changes to provide additional support for specific releases of Relativity 9.5. The following list details these changes.
- A friendly message has been added when editing a user if no authentication providers have been made available for that users client
- If the group that is configured as the Delegate client administrator group is deleted it can now be properly re-configured
- Deleting a workspace that was configured as a template workspace for a client will no longer result in a generic error page when accessing the client subtab under the Delegate tab and the workspace subtab under the client administration tab
- Enable and disable user functionality now properly works on Relativity 9.5.133 and newer
- Workspace creation has been updated to be compatible with changes introduced to the workspace API in Relativity 9.5.219
- The “Set Password” option of the default password provider now functions if multiple AdminsCanSetPasswords instance settings exist
- Several minor UI tweaks and fixes